Friday, August 21, 2009

All bark...

We have had the same termite inspector for the 16 years we have lived in this house, and we have had Tawnie for the last 10 of those years. Chris has never seen Tawnie because she always hides whenever someone new male (or one unrelated to us) comes into the house. I guess she is slipping because today she actually came into the room while Chris was standing there. Naturally she beat a hasty retreat up the stairs to the master bedroom and under the rocking chair! Try as he might, Chris was unable to coax her to him. I explained that she was a "rescue" dog and we think she might have been abused by a male before she ended up in the shelter. I reassured him that she treats most people this way. Chris thought for a minute, scratched his head, and asked, "Is this the dog that is always barking in the back yard when I drive up? I figured it was some huge, ferocious dog!"

I hope I have not issued an open invitation to burglars. If they are not deterred by her barking, they will have free rein in our house since Tawnie will be cowering under the rocking chair!

2 comments:

  1. You should write Tawnie's whole story sometime. She is so precious. She must think I'm a male, because she runs from me too. Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own dog runs from me, and he wasn't a rescue. I swear I have never beaten him. I think he just thinks I'm playing when I walk toward him.

    Tawnie is indeed precious. I wish she liked us!

    ReplyDelete